Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Working Negro


So it’s 3:00am. I’m at the bank job. I… am… tired.

On Tuesday I had to work. From 6:30am to 2:30pm I was at the bank job. Then from 4:00pm to midnight I was at the shipping depot. There’s a new guy that’s working with me now and he is 100 times better than that idiot Annabel. Once that shift was over, I’m back here at the bank job from midnight until 4:00am . Since it’s July 4th the bank (along with the garage) will be closed. Rather than lose a day’s worth of pay, my boss decided to have me work four overtime hours to compensate. The gesture is appreciated, but I am tired.

I’m too tired to form an actual thought or topic, so I’ll just end it here. Driving here from the shipping depot I had to pass by the downtown area, full of drunken sexy women and people having the time of their lives. It doesn't usually bother me, but when I'm tired and I have to go to work while everyone else gets to play, I get a little ticked. As I continue to work these jobs I have to keep telling myself: “It will soon be over… It will soon be over… It will soon be over…”

No comments:

Post a Comment