Friday, January 4, 2013

2013

2013 is gonna be an important year, the beginning of the end of paycheck work. My goals are pretty simple and attainable, so it should be a good year.

The first and most important thing I have to do is to get property Charlie. A 4-unit property like PPC #3 would do just fine, but I have to get it before or during March. The longer it takes to get a property Charlie, the longer I have to go without making enough money per month to finally retire at the end of 2014. Once I purchase Charlie, I have to decide whether to keep everyone in the property or throw them out and get new tenants. That will take time, but I’m confident I can make good decisions based on my past experiences with tenants. So it’s important that I not only get property Charlie, but to have the right people in there to give me a stable rent roll. I also must have a certain amount of money by the end of this year along with property Charlie. The more money I have by the end of this year, the faster I’ll be able to buy property Delta in 2014. I’m gonna be ambitious and shoot for 30k. This would mean that I would only have to make 20k in 2014 to start the retirement process.

I have to ask for help more often, particularly from my lawyer Marvin Wassle and my accountant Ross. I told Ross today that I’m not spending any big money without checking with him first. Spending big money needlessly is what caused both big mistakes of 2011 (credit) and 2012 (taxes). I’m not going through that shit in 2013, so it’s time for Ross to earn his pay. On the non-real estate side of things, I have to get back into learning my language, Yoruba. My mom Rita is taking the entire family to Nigeria for two weeks in February of 2014, so that gives me a little over a year to learn to speak it fluently. My brother Rex said that I don’t need to learn the language because everyone is our family speaks English over there, but I would still like to learn it regardless. There’s nothing like talking to someone in their native language.

I also have to start going back to the gym. I had to stop in December because of the loads of work I had to do during peak season at the shipping depot, but things are back to normal so I should have the energy to destroy myself the healthy way by going to the gym 3 to 4 days a week. Along with those things, I have to distance myself from Sha. He called me a few weeks ago and we’ve been friendly ever since, but I must continue to keep my distance. We have to hang out less and I really need to branch out and do my own thing. Getting property Charlie will help accomplish that.

Property Charlie. 30k. Yoruba. Gym. Utilizing Marvin Wassle and Ross more. Distancing from Sha. These seem like fairly simple goals to accomplish through self-control and focus. I have to remember all the things I’ve been through these past few years (especially the last two), count it as experience and learn from them. Not making the same mistakes of the last few years while focusing on what I need to do this year will make 2013 the best year yet.

1 comment:

  1. Great positive post! And I agree with you about learning Yoruba. While much of the world knows English, they respect you more if you speak their native language.

    Good luck in 2013! You sound focused enough to succeed! :)

    ReplyDelete