Friday, March 4, 2011

Bright Ideas

Out of curiosity, I decided to call back one of the tenants from Property Chi just to see what she wanted. I knew it was bullshit, but I just wanted to make sure. Surprise, surprise, it was bullshit. Just her complaining that her sister, the downstairs tenant, was leaving their shared door open. Last week it was them fighting over light bulb globes. They continue to try and drag me into their issues and it's getting annoying. I thought that moving in a family member downstairs would make the complaints stop but it's much much worse. They had better hope that Public Assistance continues to pay their rent because I really want the both of them out of my life. They are the only tenants that have been calling me and it's enough already.

From this I learned a few things: 1) Don't rent to people that are on PA, especially if they have 5 fucking kids; 2) Don't rent out to relatives. It seems like a nice idea, but all relatives hate each other when they have to live in the same building, and 3) Don't be lazy. If it takes a little bit to fix up an apartment to get a better tenant, then do it. Some paint, some cleaning materials and, in a day or two, you have an apartment worthy of a tenant with a job! It's not worth the headache you get afterwards. I'm sure things will get worse. Stupid me.

No comments:

Post a Comment