Thursday, March 17, 2011

Looking Up

The one advantage of being up for almost 48 hours was the 5 hours of interrupted sleep that I got. I think, however, that I'll find other ways to get 5 hours of sleep that won't have my muscles feeling like rubber bands.

I gave Property Chi's downstairs tenant the 3 day notice and she texted me saying she had the money. I'll let her know tomorrow that she has to get a letter from social services stating how much they will give her every month. I'll give her a week and, if she can't provide that, then I'll tell her that we don't want to do business with social services and then give her a 30 day notice. Then she won't feel as if I'm screwing her over and mess up my place before she goes: "It's social services' fault!" If she can produce that letter... Well, then I'll have no reason to throw her out until the checks get screwed up again. With any luck, all the checks from her, the upstairs tenant, and the tenant from Property Beta will be at the PO Box tomorrow.

The combination of the rents coming in, a paycheck from the shipping depot job, and next week's check from both jobs, means that this month should end with me over 3k. I also sent in my taxes to Rita and she's giving it to the tax guy. It'll take a short while but it should be well over 4k. If I can get that by the end of the month, then I'll have almost 8k for the month of March, and 10k by the end of April. This feels very good and would be a long way from the 3-digit bank account balance I had 2 weeks ago.

I've also looked at some properties online just to whet my appetite and prices are going down for many investment properties. The Wall Street Journal estimates that prices now will be 10% to 15% lower in a few months. I saw at least three 6-unit properties for under 100k, so it feels great to know that when it comes time to buy, there will be great opportunities available. Things are starting to take shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment