Friday, March 4, 2011

Optimism in Smalltown?

I decided to lend Rana $100. She said she felt bad asking people for money so that made me feel better about my decision. But after this, I won't be able to lend any money out for at least a month.

I'm feeling fairly optimistic about next week. All the rents should be in by then, plus I get a big check from my first job due to the 104 hours I worked the last two weeks. All in all, I should end up with well over 2k by the end of the week.

I'm also optimistic for another reason. Next week I'm going to bring all my tax documents to my first job so that the head of the mortgage department can look and see what I qualify for. I basically make 30k a year with both jobs, and that's after taxes. That combined with the properties will make for what I hope will be a good meeting. If I can qualify for a property over 90k or even 100k, that would be very good.

If I get approved for that much, I can buy two cheap 3 unit properties or one big 4 or more unit property. I talked to the mortgage guy and he simply needed my tax info from the Properties Alpha and Beta before he could crunch some real numbers.

This also means that, from now until at least October, I have to keep these two jobs. The first job at the bank seems secure enough but the second job at the shipping depot is sketchy at the moment. They're saying that they want to change hours or positions, and that would not bode well for me. The two jobs' hours coincide perfectly with each other, giving me time to sleep and get to both jobs on time. Changing the posts' hours by even an hour could be disastrous. Nothing I can do at this point but wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment