Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Family Matters

Families are a responsible person's burden to bear and an irresponsible person's ATM.

My mother, Rita, is the owner of Property Chi. She's also the one that I lent $1000 to to buy a ticket out of the country she was in and come back home. So far, I haven't heard from her and I'm just hoping she's okay. Also, the estimate on permanently fixing her roof on Property Chi is $1500. So I'll do it the landlord way and pay $300 for Sha's guys to put a tarp over it until I get build up the money. There's also some weird electrical problem there that I'm sending someone to check out. Hopefully none too serious. But it's clear, as you can see, why I feel the obligation to manage Property Chi.

My sister, Rana, is the one that asked to borrow some money because she's out of work. I lent it to her that time, maybe a month ago, and now she need $175 so that she can get her mail from her PO Box. She makes strange decisions when it comes to money, and the PO Box is a perfect example. Why, if you don't have a stable job, do you need a post office box? And, unless there are checks in there, is it really necessary to pay $175 to get mail from your now defunct po box? I don't know if I'll do it, as I only have $680 in my account, mortgages are due, and tenants just love to wait until the last day before late fee penalties to pay the rent. But one thing I know for sure is that this is temporary. I will not be able to work my ass off and, at the end of the day, still have a 3-figure bank account. It's more depressing to have a job and no money than to have no job and no money. At least there's a reason for the latter.

The Match.com thing is up and running. I picked it because it's a pay site, so I'm less likely to meet a scumbag. I think that rule, however, applies more for women than men, but I figure give it a try and see what happens.

I love this blog. If it wasn't for this blog I'd probably go insane with all this stuff built up inside me!

No comments:

Post a Comment