Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ready to Rumble

Well, I made a mistake moving in the stupid in the downstairs tenant. I knew it wasn't going to be easy getting her out and it looks as if it's game on. If the MPS can pass this test, then I'll be very happy.

The downstairs tenant of Property Chi's name is Laurie. I give her a name because it looks like she's going to be a player in the game for at least a month and a half. I called her today to discuss me ending the lease. She said that she's not going to leave and that she'll go to court because she feels that giving so little time is illegal. She even threatened me (without threatening me) by saying that she can me very "mean", whatever that means. I simply played the nice guy, as I always will, so that I keep everything in perspective and nothing is personal. I keep saying things like "I understand". She has no legal standing, as she and I both signed a 3-month lease. The only thing she has for her is her "situation". If she gets a sympathetic judge who sees a woman with 5 kids that "didn't know what she was getting herself into", then that could hurt me badly. I can't sue her for rent because that opens the door for code enforcement. I'm just hoping for a good judge that goes by the book and ends this fight raising my hand in victory. I've learned my lesson for moving her in, so I'll never rent out to public assistance or S.S.I people ever again.

But I actually want this to be a test to see how my MPS system works. Laurie is the worst of the worst, a real scum type person. Instead of this being a fight to get her out of my apartment, this is rather a test, and that makes me have very little stress about it. It's not personal (it kind of is), it's not business (it definitely is), it's the test of a system that I will base my entire rental business on. She's the last one. What better way to test it than against one of the scummiest tenants that I'll probably ever have? A tenant that should have never gotten an apartment. A landlord that should have never rented to her. Who will win? Ding. Ding. Ding.

No comments:

Post a Comment