Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lessons Learned

I brought the tax documents to the mortgage guy but they were the wrong ones. I brought him my 1098s when he wanted my 1040. So I'll have to file my taxes before I know what I'll approve for and that could take quite a while, maybe as late as the end of April. But I'm sending my tax info to my tax guy and hopefully it won't take long.

I have to admit that I'm quite proud of myself today. Firstly, my second job called me and asked me to work overtime since two of their workers are dealing with deaths in the family. I said no. I was so used to saying yes at the cost of my health but I resisted the temptation to work and it felt pretty good. I'm already working a regular 80 hours a week. Overextending myself would be a bad move and I'd eventually regret it, especially for a measly 80 bucks extra on my next check. But I do need to make sure that the security company I work for doesn't lose that site, so I will help out. I will put an ad up on Craigslist for anyone willing to be a security guard. It's the least but the best that I can do.

Secondly, I decided to reconnect with Mike. See, I was talking with Rita today and she was telling me about family issues she was having with certain people. I won't get into detail, but it occurred to me that I was in the wrong. Mike is who he is. I've known him for 18 years and he hasn't changed, one of the biggest reasons why I love the guy. The mistake I made was expecting him to be something that he's not. I can't change people and I don't want to. I was wrong in expecting him to do something that he doesn't normally do and getting pissed about it. Mike is good for some things. Sha is good for other things. So I have 2 friends. Good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment